Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bring you up to date

Okay so I have been completely inspired by others blog people who I do not even know though their stories have blessed me and now I want to do the same. I first came across toblessedtobestressed blog from a friend of mine she had shared this families story and I am so amazed and uplifted by this mothers love and faith. Our stories are similar with our baby boys yet we do not even no each other. We went down the same road or close as they did with Jacob our baby boys biological mother rights were terminated in October also and we finalized our adoption of Aaron on August 1, 2008. It would have been August 8 also but I had told our laywer I wanted August 1, not knowing that the Judges were all out on that day so instead of waiting till the next Fri August 8, he moved it to the downtown court.Aaron is now two in a half. Along the path we fostered another beautiful baby girl who was with us for 5 amazing months and then moved on to her grandmothers who has now adopted he we stay in contact. It was like having twins but I wouldn't of had it any other way, I love that baby girl sooo much she is amazing now two years old. We have had one other placement that was to sick for me to keep so he moved on to a nurses home. We have had 6 respite placements for other foster parents to help out and such. Our older two kiddos are a great help Madi loves to hold the babies.

Ok how it all got started many ways. One we always joked around about having another baby. Two our older kids were always wanting a baby, Three my parents fostered when I was young, Four I have always had a heart for children and knew I could help in some way. So about three years ago now Randy and I were watching the ten oclock news when the story came on about a baby girl found abandoned by the side of the road and a lady brought her in to hospital. I looked at Randy and said I'm going to get that baby girl! He chuckled and said ok I said no really I'm calling DHS in the morning he said ok. So I did I was on the phone off and on for about two hours and when I found out Randy would have to take the classes too to become foster parents I thought my dream was over, but it must have been a God thing because when Randy came home on Lunch and I told him about it he said ok and I'll do it! Hooray I couldn't believe it anyways of course I did not get that baby girl but four months after starting the process I got the call to pick up our sweet Aaron.

No comments: