Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm safe!

Made it to Tulsa and back today and no accidents yeah! Very scary though I saw at least 50 accidents some fender benders some looked not so good! Had to go for a closing with my mom, we passed by St. Francis hospital that brought back so many memories when we picked up sweet Ashlein!(what a miracle) Miracle to that I had a closing they are far and few between lately. Ok, I'm wondering if anyone has good ideas for a place to pick up birth mother bday cards I found them online but would be nice to find at a store also a nice gift with something to do with birth mothers, I know she is expecting a gift card like always but I think something special would be nice Thought Molly you might have a good suggestion. Ok, well hope everyone is safe and warm with their families tonight.

3 comments:

Molly said...

My goodness I cannot believe you drove to Tulsa! I hardly survived 150th street!

Not sure about cards, we've always just made them ourselves. They have some that are blank white at Walmart and Hobby Lobby. I either put a new picture on the front or do handprints so that they can see how big they are getting.

Um, gifts...I love the pampering stuff like lotions, candles, slippers, journals, pjs, etc. I also have googled for poems for birthmoms and printed them. Once I made a collage on shutterfly of several pictures from the last year and framed it. I don't know if you are having a visit or just mailing these things, but I have lists of their favorites and try and collect their fav. candy, pop, gum, magazine, cookies, snack, etc.

Okay, we need to have a blog for ideas! I may have to do that next!

Glad you are safe!

Kristy said...

I love the homemade idea I'm going to do his handprints I Love it, especially because he has these huge hands! We will not be seeing her because of her bad judgement and things she said right after she relinquished. but I always send pictures cards ect. I don't get thank yous and sometimes she doesn't even acknowledge what has been mailed to her but I do it for Aaron and hope someday she will know we care for her. Anyways Thank you yes that would be a good next post.

mom2many said...

Handprints are a great idea. I need to get a PO Box for our bios...bd is in prison, but I promised pics and info...handprints would be good...he is very artsy, so he would like that. You guys are making me look bad! THANKS ALOT!!! =) Oh...and I didn't get out of my flannel jammies all day, either!!!