Monday, August 23, 2010

Meeting Miss L's birthmother



Sunday was amazing. L and I headed up to the Prison where her mother stays for now and had a two hour contact vist. L was amazing as usuall and allowed mom to hold her feed her and L even fell asleep on her shoulder. It was precious. We were her first and probally only visitors. Yes she has made many bad choices in life but one thing is for sure she loves her baby! She was nervous as was I, she did a lot of laughing at me because she said she could tell I wasn't used to this type of thing "Prison" yes and I'm glad I'm not used to it. It felt amazing to beable to play a part in making this lady so happy by sharing her daughter with her. I hope that it is a reminder to her of Gods love not that I can compare with God at all!, But to show her that Gods love is unconditional and ever true! Many close friends and family questioned my going but I tried to focus on what God sent his son to die for and that putting everything aside if I was in prison what it would mean to me to see my baby. Thank you God for your never ending Love and protection!

1 comment:

Kelly Minor said...

You're an amazing woman/mother, Kristy. Truly a selfless act a display of compassion.