Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treating
















Well huge improvement from last year Aaron actually walked around and got excited a few times especially when we ran into our friends from Life Group. He was a OU football player until we ran into this adorable Dragon suit at the thrift store for $4.00 couldn't resist! I love the fact that someone might look at us and decide to foster or help out children in need, many people know our story, but the ugly selfish side of me that I have never said before is sometimes I wish it wasn't, oh that is the child you adopted or, this is Aaron with a tone you know the one. For obvious reasons everyone will always know we adopted or some have that look like oh what did you do? And I wonder what it would feel like for one day to not be under that kind of I don't know the word..... I always try not to worry about what other people think thats thier problem not mine but somedays I just want it to go away. We will always and are now very open to Aaron about adopton and will let him know as much as he needs when he needs it. Today is my daughters first competition for pom at the Cox convention center she is so excited I better go and get ready.

2 comments:

mom2many said...

I totally understand. About a month before Jacob died, we were at Sam's. A lady said to me, "Are they all yours EXCEPT him?" She was pointing at Jacob, who was sitting on my lap. I said, "Nope...he's the only one that's mine...I picked up the other 6 just to go shopping." On the day that Jacob died, it was assumed that he wasn't ours by the police, emt's, hospital, etc. It's hard. People mean well...I honestly think, as I have learned losing Jacob, that people just don't know WHAT to say. So stupid falls out of their mouths!

Molly said...

Oh, I so know what you mean! That you are sooo proud of their story and all that God did to make them ours, but at the same time just want to be "normal". To not have people ask, "Where did you get them?" or "Are they yours?" and the ever dreaded, "Are they brothers?" I can only imagine how they are going to feel as the years pass!

Thanks for sharing! Your family is precious!

Molly