Saturday, July 25, 2009

A good day



Well today was good I got to go volunteer at the childrens shelter in OKC and I haven't done that for a year now. There were only about 14 kids usually a lot more and 3 toddlers, one I especially wanted to bring home. She just had got there this morning and her face was just bruised with a huge black eye and swollen she will be 2 in September I just wanted to hold her! This makes me so furious I can't comprehend how this is possible and how someone can be so evil to hurt an innocent child. Anyways I plan to call my worker on Monday and see if they need temporary placement to get her out of the shelter. All of the other kids seem to be happy for the most part and participating in all the activities that we had going on. Are time ended at the shelter with pizza for lunch and cupcakes! I came home and hugged on my precious 3 year old and thanked God for him! On a lighter note heres a couple pics of daddy and son on daddy's bike.

3 comments:

Charissa said...

That brought tears to my eyes, poor little thing. I hope you get her.

Molly said...

Thanks for volunteering. Your family is beyond wonderful. I can't imagine what joy you brought to this precious little girls life.

Love those pictures of you hubs and baby on the bike. My boys would be OH-SO jealous to see these! They are obsessed with motorcycles!

mom2many said...

You go girl! Get that baby out of the shelter!