Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Lake Today!

Ok so when my two older kiddos were little and my sisters kiddos were little we ventured to Lake Arcadia for a day in the sun playing in the lake and well dirt, all the time. I believe we had season passes a couple years in a row because way back then we didn't have much money and this was good entertainment for the kids, and being the Southern California girls we were we really missed the beach back then and this was the closest thing around to it. We my sis and I still miss the beach but nothing like when we first moved to Oklahoma, hot summers out here and all we could think about was running to the beach and that wasn't an option anymore. So out of no where I got this idea to take Aaron to Lake Arcadia for the first time along with My oldest his girlfriend his bestfriend and my daughter. It was a little weird not worrying about having life jackets for Austin and Madison because the last time we went to Lake Arcadia they had to wear them. Anyways we had a GREAT TIME the older kids loved it! Aaron also enjoyed himself alot, he was exhausted! I had to call my sis and insist on a family day out at the lake before summer is over and cookout the whole works she agreed and we set the date, so funny how simple things are so much family fun, it only cost $6.00 for the whole car load of us to get in CHEAP! Funny because I remember 14 years ago I think it was $6.00.(and that wasn't easy to find) Anyways back to the basics around here today and it was a blast! Bummer my camera was out of batteries so these are all I could get some quick videos and only one picture.

1 comment:

Molly said...

So glad you posted this. We've been wanting to take our kids to the lake but didn't know where to go close. Such a great deal too! you're right, that is cheap for a whole car load!