Thursday, February 3, 2011

My sisters blog post Go Uganda

"A Change of Heart", is the title of her most recent blog post wanted to share this with my blog friends. She is in Uganda on a missions trip and this post just tugged at my heart and can't imagine seeing what she has wittnessed so far. I have to admit my first response to missions in other countries is yes a good experience and God wants us to so what we can everywhere but my heart is for local children right in our own backyard when there are so many in our current foster system, in our own cities hungry/homeless ect. But boy this post opened my eyes!! I'm so proud of her wanted to share her so go over to my sidebar and read go Uganda!

1 comment:

Melodie said...

I think about international adoption often. My husband isn't on board yet. There is so much investigation going on internationally that it makes it hard to know. Some of these children shouldn't be in orphanages but some should. We don't want to be part of a scam and aid to the greed that money from adoptions can bring to a country. But however they came to the orphanage, they still are in need of so many things, most importantly a family. So it's hard. And then I read things like that post and become nearly convinced God is telling us to do it. But I know I can't solely rely on my emotions. Thanks for sharing. It's heart breaking.