Thursday, February 19, 2009

Aaron starts OT tommrow

I'm a little nervous but my hoping to tap into exactly what makes aaron tick and how he learns outweighs the nervous side. Sooner Start ended at three years of age and kinda a blessing, this motivated me to check into different avenues for Aaron. It just so happened right next to my dentist right down the street there was a private center called the spectrum center I stuck my head in one say one thing lead to another and we were there 2 hours testing/playing on Monday. Not all sure what they wrote down I'm sure I'll learn as we go but they started Aaron on a hour of speech therapy a week and an hour of OT a week. They were talking and I was trying to hear everything we were talking about Aarons lazy eye (more dominant when tired) and they pointed out to me his whole left side of his face was weaker even his smile when I went back and looked at pictures I could see, they said this could be neurological? I had the conversation about Genes verses Drugs while pregant. We will never completely know the truth but I'm really thinking that a lot of what is going on with my guy is genes his bio brother and his personality's are exact although his brother is medicated so a lot of his behaviors are not as extreme but we kept him overnight one time and when medicine wore off whew a lot of work put it that way! I just want to do what is best for my little guy and help him so much reach his fullest potential. It's scary and sometimes I just want to pretend like he is just like any other 3 year old but the fact of it all is God gave us a very special child and at the end of the day I remind myself he must really trust us as parents. I remember when Aaron was still really small I was having a sorta anxiety about what if this or that with him to my husband and he looked at me and said then we will deal with it as it comes and pray about it, I will never forget those words of affirmation coming from my husband and knowing everything was going to be alright. I need to be praying harder and read my little book the power of a praying parent!

2 comments:

mom2many said...

God gave you that sweet little boy because He knew that you would lean on Him...together...you will do exactly what Aaron needs. I have the same dilemma...is it the drugs or the genes??? When bio mom has been on drugs since she was 10, we may never know. But, I am with you...asking God to show me what kind of a mom these 2 "special" children need. (Same thing I did with Jacob and his "weirdness"!) Don't be nervous. I will pray that God will give you discernment through it all and that Aaron will be healed.

Molly said...

So glad you found a place that can help you to know how to better help him.