Monday, February 23, 2009

Recertifing foster

Well at 4:30 our foster worker is coming out to do our annual recert after every year they do this so we have to pull the fire extinguisher out, plug up all the outlet make sure firealarms are working ect. I'm doing this because I don't want to have to start all over again If we decide to take a placement because just going through the whole process again would be enough to keep me from not fostering. I'm still praying for what direction God has me to go in this whole thing with DHS. I love children and babies and want to do my part in helping with the ones in need right here in our own state I'm just waiting I guess for that word from God please pray for me and our family for direction with this Thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand the pain... Just redoing my home assessment was a ton of paperwork. Now I am getting ready to update our adoption paperwork and I am just dreading it. DHS says the adoption and fostering is the same now but I doubt it. What age are you going to take this time around? Are you part of any foster parent groups like childshare here in OKC?

Kristy said...

I know somehow what they say and do are two different things. Newborns but still unsure. We are not apart of a group sometimes think it would be a good idea other times think it would be one more thing to do. Thanks for reading. Are you in OKC?