Thursday, March 5, 2009

Prayers needed

I'm really struggling with what direction my life is heading in with foster. I have been asking the Lord to speak to me clearly on how and where he wants to use me with our foster liscense and most recently I have really been thinking of how another baby would be good for Aaron and how I would like to jump back into foster, but then I'm not completly settled on that idea. I have always had this vision/word from God to open a facility for foster babies a home setting yet set up to handle many babies at one time. I got the pleasure of meeting Greg Harkins and his wife amazing people and they have started the Annas house foundation. They are basically wanting to have a baby house also but the state doesn't allow babies to be in group home type placements yet they are overcrowded at the shelter with babies, one Saturday I was at the OKC shelter for a birthday party for the children with citizens caring for children and there were atleast 5 babies in the nursery. So how can this be possible, I emailed my worker and asked how many babies could one foster family have and she said 2 but sometimes special situations they have allowed 3. I ask for divine word froim God direct me and I hear and get so far and then fall down again. I had this serious talk with God today and he was showing me here is the home and space one block north of me, I called a specific person in my life and shared with her, I have the means from this certain person to purchase this home yet I don't have the how where and the can I yet. I haven't even told my husband or really asked if I could have his blessing to move forward with this. I'm still being still kinda and waiting to hear more from God. I know that I have to have Faith and not everything will come at once but I'm also so confused. I know this morning whole ordeal was deffintly from God, I know that I will have to have my husbands blessing to move forward and that would have to be a God thing to/ just like when I first decided that I wanted to foster when they told me Randy would have to take the classes too I thought to myself oh well this isn't going to happen and to my surprise he was like sure I'll take the classes. I would have to have families or house parents who didn't mind living with a open door I would need many volunteers I would need DHS blessing and so on I know that I'm rambling but thats why I love blogging I can get it all out and then I feel better. One minute I feel defintly for sure that this is my purpose here on earth and the next minute I'm scared thinking what are you thinking this is more then you can ever do. So I'm asking you my christian friends to pray for God to clearly show me in what direction he would have me to go in, also this would mean to me quiting everything else like real estate/ my decorating business and puttting everything into this a home for babies and toddlers to feel safe and get the love and nuture they need while in DHS custody.

2 comments:

mom2many said...

When you feel led to something...or God calling you to something...you have to keep moving forward. God will either widen the door and lead you through it, close the door, or lead you in a different direction to get through the first door. Did that make sense? I will pray for God's clear guidance. I totally understand your heart and have spoken with Greg and Beth Harkins, also! The need is obvious...the how to, well, you are going to have to "be still and know that He is God". Praying for you and with you.

Molly said...

This took me two sittings to read...3 little people needing me!

It's naptime now, so I am re-reading. First, this is something huge that has been on my heart. Not necessarily as specific as yours...but just a burden for these kids and that there is NOWHERE for them to go. Second, I couldn't agree more with what Traci wrote.

I truly believe this is something that God has placed in my heart and yours. I also believe that Satan is so awnry and we hear his lies and believe them! Satan gets Christians to stop His mighty work by putting fearful and overwhelming thoughts before us.

I will pray. I already have been praying for this in my life so I will also ask God to give you the strength to follow Him.