Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Just a Volunteer

Have you ever taken interest or wanted to learn more about something only to turn to the internet, wow tons of information it is overwhelming, so tonight I'm sad and just praying for a miracle for baby boy. Have you ever heard of short gut/ Well I had not until now and please go on over to read eleanors blog on my list. I cannot believe all these sweet innocent children living with this and how many families it is affect. Babies and Children with disorder live a life that consist's of feeding lines, TBN, central lines, colostomy bags, malnutrition, infections, bacteria the list goes on for obstacles these children and families face on a daily basis. I guess the picture on Eleanor's blog that hit me hard was all these beautiful children walking around with these small backpacks with feeding lines coming out of them. These children are all so precious and baby boy just the same and I'm I guess in a state of shock thinking everytime I go up to the hospital he looks better and better, laughing, babbling, jumping on my legs with his legs giving me kisses saying mama I was thinking hmm I can do this he needs a lot of love and a Ma ma, well I'm feeling very wrong, he needs a very special mama one that probally has no other children that need her, one that can devote everything she has into his health his medical, one that can spend many nights at the hospital the er the doctors offices, this sweet guy is going to need a lot of continued care probally for along time. So I guess I'm lost am I just a Volunteer here for a season in his life to help make him happy play with him, I'm ok with that if that is what it is. I'm not ok with this guy not having that special mama every child should have one! I just keep thinking of the book, a mama for Choco. I have wanted to buy a copy for baby boy but don't want to offend gma who spends a lot of time up at the hospital, who says "she eventually wants him back." Please pray pray for baby J pray for a miracle, a mom and a system that doesn't leave him. Please check out the blog I mentioned over on my side bar.

1 comment:

mom2many said...

Kristy, remember, God only asks you to be willing....rarely does he make you "able" ahead of time. I'm praying for you that God will open/close doors for this baby boy as He would see fit.