Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Working the Cap





Brother was rocking the stocking cap too, but much too tired to get involved in the photo taking this evening. If you know me you know I love love working with hair, so I have a AA baby girl with super tight curled Afro, and a biracial son with half curly half straight hair. So "we" meaning me, have been trying out all kinds of products. Trying to keep sweet girls hair moisturized has proven to be a challenge! I will though master it just need a bit more time and maybe a bit more hair to work with. Brothers hair is pretty much easy when we keep it short but about every six months or so we decide to grow the curls out and when I get tired of chasing him around the house with product in my hands trying to get it in the hair we ultimately get a hair cut.

I have learned a lot and one important thing in the African American culture is hair. I try to keep both of the hair looking good, but ya know... everyone has an off day, and I see many African American little girls with a mess of hair but somehow seems OK when their parents are also African American. But I feel a lot of pressure, like look at that white girl she can't take care of that baby's hair. Silly, yes I know but oh so true. So I will master the hair not for just the looks but so I can help my baby girl learn how to take care of it herself one day.

Adoption front: We have been assigned an adoption worker wooooo hooo, as of the 19Th and named as the adoptive family, yes yes we had to hire an attorney and fight for this right but we did and won so thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to officially have the same last name and when I pull up to the pharmacy or the doctors office they will not think I have had a few to drink because I can't spit the names out correctly, it's the small things. And as I get older the small things seem to be the big things.

No comments: